superhero

superhero

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Support Group

Stefan and I attended our first Brain Tumour Support Group today.  It's once a month.  It was a really good experience - some of it sad - but overall the tone of the meeting was hope.  The facilitator said "what happens in support group, stays in support group".  And even if I could share - I don't think I would - it was just to personal an experience.  We'll definitely go again - next month they separate the caregivers from the patients - I think that will be a really good experience.  There are all sorts of thoughts/feelings I haven't been able to share with Stefan - he's in a good place.  I'm the information finder/keeper - and with that comes some scary thoughts - I keep those to myself as I want him to stay the positive and determined fighter he has been.

I decided to take the rest of the day off from work too - and Stefan and I had lunch on Granville Island - it was nice to spend the day with my Hubby!  I think he enjoyed it too - being cooped up at home I think is starting to get to my 'type A' husband.  He is getting impatient!

The doctors meet to discuss the MRI this Friday - so I imagine we will have a meeting early next week to discuss the plan.

And - some big news - Charlotte is slowly taking steps to making her first official steps - that is if we don't count her wobbly 2 steps between Stefan and I.  We are working on it every day - daycare is too - I think we'll have a walker soon!

2 comments:

Elisabeth Haase said...

Hi Taleen and Stefan. This journey that you are chronicalling for all of the world to see is amazingly inspiring. Stefan you are a superhero in my eyes! Heck you're my "boss" and I miss your smiling face at work. Taleen you are such an inspiration of LOVE to wives all over the place in the care of your wonderful hubby and daughter and not only that YOU ARE STILL WORKING!!! Are you SUPERWOMAN undercover??? I've learned that love is not a feeling but a committment, selfless not selfish and love believes all things, hopes all things and love helps you to endure all things. Thank you Taleen for being a beautiful example of what loving your husband in sickness is and becoming stronger through this trial! I pray for God's angels to continue to surround you and hold you up as you continue on this incredible character building journey. With love for you all.....Elisabeth Haase

Bluebear Jeff said...

I believe that I mentioned how valuable both my wife (who had a tumour) and I (as caregiver) found the Support Group that we went to.

By all means, be sure to attend the next meeting. I found that sharing both the concerns and coping strategies of the other caregivers valuable . . . and don't be reticent, share.