superhero

superhero

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Knock Knock

We are doing great!  Charlotte has just entered the 'knock knock' joke phase.  Tonight I participated in an over an hour of...

Charlotte: knock knock
me: who's there
Charlotte: {insert any word here} {example, chair, slide, mommy, sand, bird, etc}
me: {word} who
Charlotte: hysterical giggles
repeat

I did teach her the only two knock knock jokes I know - "boo who", and the "banana/banana/oranged you glad I didn't say banana" combo.

I am loving this age!

Nathan is going to give me a heart attack.  Climbing chairs, tables, etc.  He never looks where he's going, and will run head on into walls.  Aside from needing to have him start wear a helmet, he loves to chat, give kisses, and feed mommy mud pies.

Charlotte is also more mobile these days.  Not quite running yet, but able to jump, and is now climbing ladders.  A couple weeks ago was the first time I was able to take the kids to the park and not need to hover over either of them - both were able and capable to climb around by themselves!  Heaven!

Also new is the 'sibling' love.  They are at the age now where they can 'play'.  Mostly tickling or chasing each other.  Charlotte tells me "I love my brother", and when I asked her who her best friend in the whole world was tonight, she said "Nathan".  LOVE!

Stefan is doing well with work and is up to a 30 hour work week.  I have been getting ready for the ride to conquer cancer and am really enjoying my bike rides!  I'm sure everyone is enjoying the weather as much as us!

Sunday: healthy enough to put them to work washing the patio furniture!

Today: "knock knock"

Today: Mr. Dangerous (messy shirt) boy!

You know what's awesome?  Besides all of you lovely readers?  Not blogging about cancer, and just about how wonderful my little family is. 

2 comments:

Eleana said...

Taleen, you do have a wonderful family and it is an amazing age for them. It is lovely to read about the normal everyday things you are doing because those are the very best kinds of things to do :o) Oh and the climbing thing doesn't go away for a while, the things they climb just gets higher.

pamontrent said...

Just fell upon this site when roaming aroung the internet.
Stephan, were you born in Peterborough Ontario? If so I think you know me Pam Phillips
I am so shocked to see this blog about your families ordeal. My thoughts are with you daily
Good luck
Pam