superhero

superhero

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Terry fox run

I love the Terry Fox run.  The story, the memories of middle school runs, the community spirit at each run!  We went to our local Port Moody run this year, which also happened to Stefan's birthday!

Stefan did the 10 km, while the kids, my sister-in-law, niece and I did the 2.5.  I'm so incredibly proud of my little girl as she did pretty much the whole thing on her own; on her trike, and walking!  For a typical 4 year old, no big deal, but for Charlotte it was a huge milestone!  The cheerleaders from last year remembered her and we did the same photo!

Childhood Cancer fact of the week (i hate this one): two out of three cancer kids will suffer longer term side effects from their cancer related treatment - including organ toxicity, growth and hormonal deficiencies, infertility, and secondary cancers.




No comments: