superhero

superhero

Monday, October 10, 2016

Giving Thanks

Sorry (but not sorry) for the long hiatus.  I thought I was long overdue to update this blog, especially for those who happen to fall upon it without knowing our family and end up wondering about the ending.

Well….we have been busy…..LIVING.  Huge ecstatic smiles right here!

I thought it was appropriate to post an update today, (Canadian) thanksgiving day, as that is what I am – so thankful!

Thankful for…..
  • Being able to live in (happy, crazy, busy) chaos!  We had a dozen over for our 23 pound turkey (prepared for extra drop ins), additional family in and out over the weekend, and threw a Pokemon birthday party for 14 kids (9 of those were cousins)…..all without breaking a sweat.  I think back to 3 years ago when the idea of having any one single person over to our home would have given me an anxiety attack.  My heart is so full after an amazing weekend with family.
  • Thankful for a happy and healthy husband who is back to work full time, while not back in administration, he is loving teaching and I can see his passion for it!
  • Thankful for my beautiful daughter who is tougher than anyone I know!  She got her first case of needle anxiety this year after I don’t know how many pokes and prods.  She still has to get bloodwork every three months, her last visit they couldn’t do her usual finger poke since they required more blood to test her immunization levels (since treatment had destroyed previous immunizations), so they had to access her vein in her arm.  She managed, but when we then had to go for immunization boosters a month later (three shots), she understandably had a meltdown.  She managed to calm herself down and think of what she needed to do to get through it.  She is remarkable.  She is quite a bookworm and has discovered theatre this year and we are very much looking forward to watching her first production at Christmas.
  • Thankful for my happy energetic boy who just turned 5 on Friday – how did that happen?  He loves cuddles, scary things (Halloween is his jam), transformers, Spiderman and star wars.
 I still have days where I look back at those crazy couple of years and feel overwhelmed with emotion.  I can’t tell you how grateful I am for all the support we had that got us through those years:
  • the emails/prayers
  • the hat campaign for Charlotte,
  • the yummy delivered dinners (even the 6 different lasagnas!),
  • pina-coloda delivery to the hospital, 
  • the well needed walks with girlfriends,
  • the gifts of financial support, gift cards, toys, you name it
  • the wonderful nurses and doctors,
  • those who watched Nathan for us,
  • those who drove Stefan to radiation
  • those who made us laugh (or let us cry);
  • most of all, our amazing family and friends.
I hope everyone has a fantastic thanksgiving – love us.

Labour day weekend trip to Harrison Hot Springs!

1 comment:

Eleana said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Taleen! Thanks for the update ;)