superhero

superhero

Friday, January 4, 2013

Go On

One of Stefan and I's favorite new television shows is Go On with Matthew Perry.  It's about a support group.  I think one of the reasons we love it so much is we can relate due to our support group experience.  Stefan still attends the brain tumour support group monthly.  I haven't been able to attend in a while - been a bit busy with something else.  It's probably just as well though.  There is another person in the group with the same tumour as Stefan, the same treatment path, but a year or two ahead of us.  There tumour started growing again and now they are doing chemo.  Hits a bit too close to home.  I'm kind of glad I haven't been attending as I'm not sure I could handle hearing it.  It's bad enough getting updates as it is.  For the past year - I have done my best to ignore Stefan's little problem so I can focus on Charlotte.  But hearing about this other person, as well as the disappointing news of a good friends cancer returning - it makes me want to hug my family a little closer, celebrate big the smallest of milestones, and run out and do Charlotte`s make-a-wish trip NOW instead of postponing a year.

Anyway - this post has turned a bit depressing  - so go watch Go On - it will make you laugh!

(PS. I get the irony of my post, with an underlying theme of embracing life, while at the same time, telling you to go sit on the couch to watch a sitcom for half an hour!)

No comments: