superhero

superhero

Friday, April 20, 2012

Deja vous

It happened again - hit the brick wall. It brought back memories of the identical feeling, just over a year ago, January 18, 2011.  I guess 5-6 weeks is my bodies time frame for dealing with shocking news, and powering through before it hits the wall.

Wednesday afternoon, the last month caught up with me, I layed down to attempt a nap while my awesome hubby took over. Felt much better yesterday, and ready for our long day today - we will be at Childrens from 8 till 5, as Charlotte get's her new chemo drugs and we will get the plan for her next stage of treatment. She is currently getting a lumbar puncture as I write this.

Reading the January 18th blog entry from just over a year ago, so many things remain the same:

  • Charlotte continues to have superpowers, despite being sick, she is tons of fun right now, it is impossible to deny her calls to play (and I would be crazy to not take advantage of this time!). Her brother joins her with his cheerfulness (and he now wears those same booties she is wearing in that picture).
  • I still consider my self lucky despite our absurd situation. We indeed have a fantastic support network!  Every day I am overwhelmed by peoples love and generosity.
It might be a long weekend for us - but will update on how chemo day went when I get a chance.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Bryant said...

Praying for you all, Taleen, especially today. Thank you so much for taking the time to post on this blog and sharing your ups and downs so others can support you. You are a remarkable woman and I admire your courage and positive attitude. "Dear, sweet Charlotte" is always in my prayers and on my heart. I believe God will give you the strength and grace to travel this difficult road and eventually burst through the clouds to the sunshine on the other side. God bless you.

Bryant said...

That last post was actually from Bev, not Bryant.