superhero

superhero

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Me time and Easter Pics

I know people have been concerned that we aren't getting "me time". I will admit, I'm actually not too bad at practicing self care. It usually takes the form of blizzards or chocolate or a nice glass of wine! I don't know how i got through most of Stefan's treatment without the latter (since I was preggers!), but I managed!

Well Friday night I had some pretty quality "me time" with these lovely ladies!


Me, Alex, Michelle, Aleta and Anna (missing Krista, Lisa and Allison)
Particularly the one in the middle, who is one of my best friends who came into town from Whitehorse. Her family are our favorite travel buddies, and who we just went to Hawaii with. Hard for us to think we probably won't be taking another trip until 2015. She is my daily touch base to normal life though our often daily texts- a god send during hospital stays! From the mundane "is Nathan on solids yet" to the more exciting "how about 'Carlotta' for steroid Charlottes alter ego?". It was so nice to see her (and her adorable kiddies!) and download!
texting about Charlotte on steroids - Sebastien was the name of Stefan's alter ego - hence sebastienette!
The night out was in honor of the beautiful lady beside me in the pic above - a milestone birthday! This lady has quite the amazing story of her own! Another survivor - she has just started blogging her remarkable story. - you can follow it here.

It is guaranteed laughs whenever I get together with this group, and Friday didn't disappoint! Great food, sangria, and laughs made for the perfect night of "me time"

I would not have been able to go with a clear conscience and actually enjoy myself except for these two things:

- Charlotte is really doing excellent right now. The best we have seen her in months! She is happy, laughing, smiling! I guess it can be chalked up to the steroids being out of her system, and her hemoglobin and platelet levels returning to normal. We are enjoying this respite, as her next round of drugs will make her levels drop again.
- Stefan got an invite to the hockey game with a friend of his, so he got his "me time" too. I didn't have to feel bad leaving him. He managed excellent with the kids on his own on the Friday, and they were both great for him!

Here are a couple pics from this morning - Charlotte had a great time finding her Easter eggs!  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!


No comments: