superhero

superhero

Sunday, September 30, 2012

All Good

I'm sorry I did not update earlier on Stefan's MRI result.  As you can imagine, I was on pins and needles up to the MRI (which was on the 26th).  Scanxiety is the jargon used to describe this feeling - quite common in the cancer crowd.  I was the emotional one on Scan day, Stefan is cool as a cucumber.  Go figure.

We will typically make a bit of an afternoon of it.  Stefan's MRI was at 11, I met him with Nathan just after at Granville island for lunch (Charlotte was with my Mom).  Then we headed over to the cancer center for our 2pm appointment.  Thankfully we didn't have to wait for long, and the first words out of the Doctors mouth were the ones I wanted to hear - no change!  Whew. 

Oh, and speaking of MRI's, we got the call this week from Radiology at Children's to book an MRI for Charlotte.  Doesn't that feel like eons ago that Charlotte was put on the waiting list for an MRI.  I did a quick call back to let them know that Charlotte is now an oncology patient and they will touch base with our oncologist.  I believe the MRI is on hold for now.

So, after Stefan's MRI, we went home to celebrate.  I finally started to feel somewhat normal after dinner and we went for a walk with the kids.  Charlotte treated us to a couple firsts - first time for her on a 'big' swing, and she also went up a couple stairs by herself! 

This has been the typical joys for us the past couple weeks.  Charlotte has been doing fantastic.  And since she's been feeling well - her development picks back up and she catches up for a couple missed months!  So, we have been really enjoying our active and chatty little girl!  Nathan is bringing us lots of delights as well - he's walking now (albeit wobbly), loves to eat, and has shown us he can have a bit of a temper!  He is quite the personality, and I can't believe he will be turning 1 in a week.

We were given another gift today.  We were selected by the Gaby Davis Foundation as one of their families.  It was so nice to be picked, and to meet Tanya Davis - a remarkable woman.  I have been reading Gaby Davis's story all week, resulting in a lot of tears.  We were really touched by her story and the amazing work that this foundation has been doing.  I really hope that I can give back and hopefully help out with this charity when things get less hectic for us.  It was a great way to end September - Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

Part of their gift was a bike for Charlotte and a wagon for the kids.  We went for a walk tonight and Charlotte was SO excited!  The whole trip (which we had intended to go out for a half hour, but Charlotte insisted on longer), Charlotte was giggling and saying "I love my bike" the whole time!  Here is a snippet:


And a picture of the whole crew:
So - BIG thanks to the Gaby Davis Foundation for their gifts and the wonderful work that they do! 

No comments: