superhero

superhero

Monday, December 3, 2012

a little longer in the bubble

We were into the clinic on Friday for Charlotte's last chemo of this phase.  Her neutrophils were as low as they can go.  So it's not very likely they will be high enough for us to start maintenance this week.  She gets blood checked on Friday, and I'm sure it will be at least another week delay. 

Till then, we are staying home with walks out and keeping an eye out for fevers!

Charlotte is super excited about Christmas.  Everything is Christmas.  When we went to Tim Hortons, her regular ole' bagel order was now a 'Christmas bagel' along with mommy's 'Christmas tea'.  She has her advent calendar, and we made a gingerbread house today! 

I sometimes try to do visualization to get me to a happy place and try to help me sleep.  I try to picture my happy healthy family in 10 or 15 years from now.  I have a really hard time picturing Charlotte with hair in that future.  She is usually a feisty little spitfire with a buzz cut or pixie hair cut.  She can certainly pull it off!

No comments: