superhero

superhero

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Full Disclosure

Since I told all about Stefan's embarrassing mishap from Thursday, it's only fair that I share the story of my dumbness yesterday.

I was preparing a lovely dinner for Stefan and I of crab legs (a treat!).  While cutting the crab legs before cooking them, I managed to slice my thumb pretty good.  I immediately applied pressure while moving to the kitchen sink and warned Stefan that he may not want to look.  Stefan jumped into first aid mode - did not pass out - and got me taped up (with plenty of gauze) for my 5 minute drive to the hospital.  I'm not sure why I rushed to the hospital, as I then proceeded to wait 3 hours before getting my two stitches.  I can tell you, I was sure wishing I had eaten the crab before I left to the hospital.

With my taped up thumb - I was giving everyone in the waiting room with me the constant thumbs up, which was good for a couple laughs and it at least didn't get old before the 3 hours were up!  I finally got to dig into those crab legs at 9:30pm - boy were they good - or I was really hungry.

I told Stefan I just didn't want him to feel left out.  It was either that, or just that I wanted some hospital love too - why should Charlotte and Stefan have it all?  Someone gave us the theory that Stefan not passing out at the sight of my blood must mean he doesn't really love me.  Anyone know if there is a nexus type ER pass we can apply for?

1 comment:

yukonmama said...

It has taken me way to long to figure out how to comment on your blog! Please know I follow it constantly. I check your blog for updates at least daily and follow the links and google search some of the terms and treatments you describe. You are the strongest woman I know Taleen and an inspiration. Hugs and kisses to you and your beautiful family.