superhero

superhero

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Hoping all the mom's out there had a fantastic day!  I got spoiled by my hubby and adorable kiddies!

I've blogged about some of the wonderful women in my life.  So, it's only fitting I spend a moment to give our own mommas some big thanks on her day.  I don't know what I would have done with out my mom, and Stefan's mom during the first crazy weeks of his and Charlotte's diagnoses. 

My mom claims to love Charlotte more then me (I don't think that's possible)! I know Charlotte's illness has been really tough for her.  I often have to give her the firm "no tears" during some of Charlotte's difficult times.  On Friday, Charlotte had a bit of nausea hit her out of nowhere.  It took my mom by surprise, and she ended up tearing up.  I didn't give her the "no tears" as Charlotte was fine, and I think it's good for Charlotte to see this side of her treatment too.  Just told Charlotte that TooToo (her name for grandma) is just a little sad, she doesn't like to see her sick.  Charlotte just nodded and went back to her t.v. show. 

My mom will say to me, I think I'm more a hindrance then a help....but that is absolutely not the case.  I'll take her passionate, loving, fun self over any other type of momma! 

And, I can't forget Stefan's mom!  I won the in-law lottery with the bestest mother-in-law ever!  She has been amazing every time she has come to help out!  With the kids, the garden, and with her fantastic pumpkin loaf!

Happy Mothers Day to all the fantastic mom's out there!

No comments: