superhero

superhero

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Sister

My sister came to visit us last week to help out.  This may not seem out of the ordinary to you - but here is the thing - my sister is brand new so to speak....here is the short story:

My family knew that my father had a daughter when he was young (18) who was given up for adoption.  We knew she existed, and we had been hoping one day she would come knocking at our door!  Well, last August, through a couple emails between my sister-in-law (who runs a craft fair at Christmas time), and my sister's biological mom (who was emailing about a table at the said craft fair)....we finally met my sister!  My father passed away when I was 16, sad that my sister never got to meet him, but I almost think she was his gift to us!  Perhaps he had a play in things from up above on sending her to us now?

It was one of the highlights of our crazy year, and when she offered to come for a couple days to help with Nathan and where possible Charlotte and us - I didn't have to think twice to say "yes"!

In my opinion (and others), she looks a lot like my dad, and has characteristics like her father and grandmother.  It was such a lovely few days!  The kids took to her right away and I had a great visit!  My dear sister is very empathetic, an easy listener, and just all around very sweet!  Hoping to see her again soon!



1 comment:

yukonmama said...

Taleen,
I only met your dad once in Edmonton, but I remember what he looked like. Your sister shares so much resemblance to him. What a wonderful story for you. I am really happy you found one another.