superhero

superhero

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2 down 2 to go

Things got better after yesterday's crazy morning.  Once Charlotte got some blood into her and a good nap, she was back to her normal self.  She was literally skipping out of the hospital when we got to leave at 3 pm. 

All in all she handled the weekend pretty well.  She cleared the high dose methotrexate within 48 hours which is a good sign that her system is doing what it should be.  We think the rash on the arm is from her hospital bracelet.  She also had the hoarse voice again, a side effect from the vincristine (another chemo drug), but the voice is already returning to normal.  No sore bum this time which is great.

We made it home to a more rested daddy who had managed an afternoon nap along with Nathan.  The crazy lightning storm hit as I was putting the kids down and Stefan had made a run to the grocery store.  I was a little worried thinking about my honey outside with that metal plate in his head.  I told my self I was over reacting, but the next morning I heard that there were two people struck by lighting!  One in Coquitlam and one in Burnaby.  Scary!  Glad Stefan wasn't out for long - that would be just our luck.

We are all pretty happy to be home and enjoying family time.  We will take Charlotte to get a blood test on Friday to see if we can get out of the bubble until our next trip to the hospital (next Friday, which will come way to fast).

"I own this place"



No comments: