superhero

superhero

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our other family

We are recovered from our long week.  We really enjoyed our turkey dinner (Stefan BBQ'd it!), and caught up on sleep after the two nights.

Charlotte is doing okay.  She was low energy on Saturday, and then seemed to be doing a lot better Sunday and Monday so we thought we were out of the woods.  But, yesterday she was a bit 'off', not eating and cranky.  This morning there was no improvement although she did drink her pediasure.  I attempted to look in her mouth and saw what I'm guessing is a mouth sore on her cheek.  I decided it was time to try the morphine and gave her a dose this morning and she did seem a happier girl because of it.  It is so hard to gauge what to do when she isn't able to say "mommy, my mouth is sore".  While I'm not too keen on giving her morphine, I don't want her to be in pain and I want her to eat!

Stefan and I got to go to a rugby wedding on Saturday.  It was so much fun.  It was the first time we have left Charlotte without us when she hasn't been asleep. She did really well and I'm very grateful for my mom and step dad for helping out.  We see quite a bit of them so the kids are super comfortable with them.  We got another date last night to the PNE - lucky us.

all dressed up - a foreign concept!

I thought having been to the rugby wedding, it would be a good chance to blog about our other family....

Our SFU Rugby Family
For those of you who don't know, both Stefan and I played SFU rugby, it's how we met.  Now we aren't the only couple to have met through SFU rugby.  In fact, our club is known to be a bit 'incestuous'.  On Saturday we could think of 11 married SFU rugby players.  Yep - beat that Lava Life and Plenty of Fish!

Stefan and I were both pretty dedicated club players, both serving on the executive committee for a few years, and doing more then our fair share of bartending duties at club events.  We are still dedicated to this club even to this day as non-players.

I can't tell you how supportive the club has been to us.  They were a large contingent at our wedding, have provided gifts when both our babies were born, and now have been supportive as we have gone through this 'rough patch'.  With meals, or just texts, cards and calls - they have been lifesavers and many of my closest friends I found through SFU rugby.  We feel pretty lucky to be part of an amazing group of people!

Call it a Clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. 
~Jane Howard 








No comments: