superhero

superhero

Thursday, August 30, 2012

delayed

Charlotte threw up this morning, and for the first time during her course of treatment I felt like she wasn't 'ready' to go in tomorrow.  Well, my prayers were answered as her blood levels are not high enough for her to get treatment tomorrow.  Her neutrophils (the immune fighting cells) are 'okay' at 0.80, but her platelets (for blood clotting) were only 0.60 and need to be at 0.75 to start.

While I'm very much looking forward to getting this last weekend over with and saying adios to High Dose Methotrexate - I'm thankful for the few extra days for her to recoup a bit more.  Hopefully her neutrophils will climb a bit higher - more neutrophils will help fend off those mouth sores!

While it throws a couple wrenches in our plans, everything should still work out just fine.  We have learned to 'go with the flow'.  My bestie Michelle and her wonderful family are coming to visit next week, and while we may not get as much family visiting, we will get some extra help and get our visits in at the hospital!

We will be back in for bloodwork on Tuesday and are tentatively scheduled to start Wednesday.  Hope everyone has a great long weekend before it's back to school time!

We are free and out of the bubble with no plans - hint hint if anyone wants to invite us to something kid friendly!

Oh - and I just wanted to say thanks to Jen and Dana for nominating me for the Walmart Mom of the Year contest.  I didn't win (some very impressive finalists!), but I really appreciated the kind words and effort that went into the nomination.  If you would like to see it - try this link: mom of the year.


No comments: