superhero

superhero

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

crazy morning

We are still at the hospital.  I arrived with Nathan to the hospital at 8 am to start my 'shift' to find one very cranky little girl and a very tired daddy.

Charlotte's hemoglobin level is low enough to warrant a transfusion, so she will be getting blood this afternoon.  Her ANC level is also low (.39) which means we are back in the bubble.  BIG sad face emoticon inserted here :( .  The chemo has cleared though, which means we should get to go home today.

Stefan didn't sleep well last night, and I had managed to convince him to have a little nap while I took the kids up to the playroom.  I maneuvered our way up to the playroom, Nathan in one arm, holding Charotte's hand with the other, all while moving her IV pole.  Just as we get to the playroom though, Charlotte gets quite upset, and has a little throw up.  So....  I have to call my poor honey up to the playroom to help us back downstairs and get Charlotte some gravol and cleaned up.  On our way down, I notice a rash on Charlotte's arm and her neck.

We get the Dr. in to look at the rash which I am supposed to monitor over the next bit.  She hasn't had anything new to warrant a rash, hoping it's not an infection.

Charlotte is now napping, Stefan has opted for coffee.  Hopefully he can manage some naps today and we will all be home tonight so he can have a sleep in tomorrow morning. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Taleen, you, my dear, are a total rockstar! I cannot even believe how much has been placed on your shoulders. I hope the rest of the day got better. Hugs.