superhero

superhero

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A message from Stefan

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am a very lucky man.  Why do I consider myself lucky?

1.  The tumour was found.

2.  The initial treatment was quick.

3.  I felt so much better after the initial treatment.

4.  Families, both Taleen's and mine, became the organizers, "home base" and people connection sources for Taleen and I.  This ensured that Taleen could stay at the hospital with me and keep track of the info that was being shared on my situation.  Our home stayed strong and stable.

5.  I have had support that was SO STRONG from people I work with in our district, worked with at SFU, played rugby with, went to university with, and family friends. This large number of people was matched by those people who have a similar relationship with Taleen - her work, her family and her SFU connections.  I had visitors who supported Taleen, my family and me - it lightened my spirits at the hospital.  I had phone calls, emails, cards and letters that shared ideas, information, concerns, family experiences and motivating feelings.  Food baskets, frozen meals, flower bouquets and gifts (not to mention the beef jerky supplies!) were brought to the family at home and to me at the hospital - all of them adding strength to fighting the situation I am in.

I want to say thank you for the strong support, the offers, the ideas, and the motivation.  It  will continue to help me and my family with this situation and help me fight off the rest of the tumour.  I am still unclear about the next steps I need to take but with your help I will take them on hard.  My regular day schedule may be altered for a while.  I will know for sure once the Cancer Clinic has passed on information and instruction.  There may be a time or two that I may need some advice and/or help and will certainly be calling on the abundant offers of help we have had, as I'm aware I may have a tough road ahead.

Thank you for the help you are providing me.  I owe you.

Today I am a very happy man.

I wish you all the best for 2011,

Stefan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steffy! I just heard about this yesterday. I love your positve attitude and am glad you are feeling better. I wish you all the best with the treatment and everything else. Stay strong!

Erin Meyer

Unknown said...

Hi Stefan and Taleen,

Just a quick note to wish you both the very best and Stefan a speedy recovery. The entertainment value at school will suffer in your absence I'm sure:)

Happy New Year to you both. I will send positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Angie Lundin

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! It's good to read that you guys are doing well. Well picked title for the blog Taleen! Hope you all have a happy New Year. Say hi to that cutie of yours!
Powerful and good thoughts coming your way!
Love to all,

Dave,Sarah, and the kids

(Tarbuck)

Anonymous said...

Stefie!! so sad to get the original news and so happy to hear the ending... keep that chin up! Oh, and to give you a laugh, for morale of course, I had a flash earlier about a certain mouldy watermelon (and its odor).

Happy New Year!

Donna "Heinekin"

Anonymous said...

Stefan, you are truly an inspiration with your positive attitude and sunny outlook on life. We are all cheering you on and wishing you a speedy recovery!

ps: you were always a hero to us, not just when braintumorman started <3