superhero

superhero

Monday, January 17, 2011

my blog

I have received some really great feedback on my blog.  Glad to hear people are enjoying it - not only as a source of info on Stefan!  I have found writing this blog to be therapeutic.  Having to whirl my thoughts/feelings around so that I can set them out in words is healing.

As many of you know - Stefan and I are quite different in some aspects (the same in others) - but one of those aspects is that I tend to be very open book, while Stefan is much more private with his personal life (hence why he has no facebook account). 

I'm glad he has been receptive to the blog idea.  Although this may have to do with the fact that I talk about how amazing/good looking/wonderful he is - perhaps he'll change his tune once I start writing about his snoring or trips to the pool in his swimsuit from 20 years ago (Superchuck and I tried to pretend he wasn't with us - but we couldn't ignore the laughter from the lifeguards (love you honey)). 

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

My darling wife had a brain tumor removed over 11 years ago . . . and we are still together.

Now the first thing to know is that every brain tumor is different. Not only are their many different parts to the brain, but even folks with tumors in the same place aren't the same . . . so don't try to judge his tumor by anyone else's.

I urge you to search around to see if there is a "brain injury" support group in your area.

We had one and attending it was very very useful, not only for my wife, but also for me as her caregiver . . . they would get us caregivers apart at times to discuss our frustrations and how we dealt with them.

Believe me, this helped.

Now unless his tumor is right on the surface, there are likely to be some consequences from surgery (presuming that that is possible or desired).

They may or may not be significant; but don't be mislead by Hollywood's "miraculous full recovery". This, while much desired, is seldom the case.

That being said, there is life after tumor. My lovely lady still has her intellect and personality intact, but suffers from some physical deficits.

She "looks normal", which frustrates her tremendously because she does have numerous deficits . . . but people think she's fully recovered.

But your husband's tumor is different from hers . . . and there is no way to tell what his experience (and yours) will be.

One thing that we found . . . when things got hard we turned TO each other; not ON each other.

Remember your love. There will be difficult times. You will have to fight frustration at times . . . but remember your love for each other . . . THAT can sustain you.

You have our prayers for an optimum outcome.


-- Jeff & Lani

Anonymous said...

Taleen, when Stefan was in the hospital, it was the perfect chance to get rid of BIG RED. You could take this opportunity to make him think that he must have been "dreaming" that he had such a hideous suit. You know, a brain tumour dream.... we all play dumb and we can dispose of Big Red like it didn't even happen..... You know, end the suffering.....