superhero

superhero

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday Turkey

It was our little boys birthday this weekend, on Sunday.  Can you believe he is one already?  It seems like yesterday we welcomed him into our family!  We had a pretty low-key birthday for him, and celebrated on Monday with Turkey dinner and cake with both sets of grandparents, Aunty Rebecca and his little cousin Abbey. 

While I wish the day could have been all about him, that was quite difficult with Carlotta out in full force (Carlotta being the name of Charlotte's steroid induced alter-ego).  Carlotta will be whimpering with full on tears one minute, screaming for something to eat the next minute, and happy talking-a-mile-a-minute the next minute.  She also requires 'mama' at her side at all times.  This made for some difficulty in making a turkey dinner, thanks to family we were able to get one on the table!

Nathan, thank you for being such an easy going happy baby!  You have been very patient my boy in quite a chaotic year!   I love how much you LOVE splashing in water or eating dirt, how you go all 'Jerry Lee Lewis' on the piano, and how you happy dance when you eat!  I love your endless energy.  When I'm tired of bouncing you, I pass you off to your father and tell him "it's your turn, it's your fault he's like this, he's your mini-me!"  I love how I can pick up your sleeping body after a long day of not being with you, and you cuddle up to me!  Hugs and kisses my boy!

On his actual birthday - Spaghetti face Nathan!


No comments: