superhero

superhero

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Goodbye Carlotta

It's day 4 since finishing the steroids, and Carlotta has made her exit.  Charlotte won't be getting anymore Dexamethasone.  She will get Prednisone during maintenance, but I don't think that will be quite so mood altering.  

With saying goodbye to Carlotta, a couple things happened, almost like magic:
  1. A more manageable amount of tv time.  The TV was on almost constantly with Carlotta around.  I guess this also is blamed on her not having energy to do anything BUT sit on the couch watching the telly.  I haven't disclosed what exactly 'manageable' means, as I'm sure we are still watching more then the recommended daily allotment for pre-schoolers, but it's about a tenth of what it was a week ago - baby steps
  2. Meals at the table.  Lunch and dinner were had at the table, with no bribing, coercing or timers needed!  Woot woot.  She also hasn't been demanding a different meal every 10 minutes - I can put away my short-order cook hat!
  3. Sweet Charlotte.  I have my girl back.  My energetic, playful, silly girl.  nuff said.

Our pumpkins!
PS. we got our wish for poop - all has been good on that front (or should I say back)!
Carlotta

No comments: