superhero

superhero

Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm back

First off - just wanted to apologize for the longer than usual delay since my last post.  I've just been in a bit of a funk, and priority was to try to take care of me.  I'm doing that, things will be okay!  It's amazing how stress takes such a physical toll on the body.  I had a checklist of physical signs of depression - and Stefan and I went through it together and I could check off 90% of the items.  I was surprised Stefan was so aware of my symptoms, as he said "I do live with you!".

Just wanted to say how blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family.  They recognized when a storm was brewing and offered coffee dates or chats. I know people wish they could do more for us, but I can honestly say there isn't much anyone can do.  Our sick little girl is our burden, and I wish I could pass on some of the pain and tears, but we can't.  We can read all the comments of support though, we can get together with a friend to vent, and we can accept all the prayers and positive wishes - for that we thank you!

Charlotte is doing pretty good, aside from the extra helpings of tantrums and Carlotta outbursts.  We were in today for her chemo and a possible blood transfusion, but she didn't end up needing any blood - so that's good.  Her neutrophils are low though, so while we have been cautious all month, we are officially in the bubble.  We are scheduled to be back in next Friday for a possible blood transfusion.

Tomorrow we are going to do the Light the Night walk in Stanley Park.  Not too late to join us if anyone wants to!

No comments: